Posted January 14, 2022
It's The Journey That Counts!
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow! What a ride!"
● Sore throat this week. Don't know if it's COVIC or not. Baby Emma has it, so the whole family may have been exposed.
● Romance Writers of America, San Diego Chapter, has broken off from RWA National and is now SoCal Romance Writers. We will be meeting the second Saturday of the month. Go to our website or Facebook page for more information about joining, etc.
● Statue of Liberty = Built to stay free
● Debit card = Bad credit
~ Mike Morton
● Our Loving Government = Unnerving voter gloom
~ Jim Banholzer - 2009
● “What good fortune for governments that people do not think.” ~ Adolf Hilter
● “Propaganda’s task is not to make an objective study of the truth, in so far as it favors the enemy, and then set it before the masses with academic fairness; its task is to serve our own right, always and unflinch-ingly.” ~ Adolf Hilter (1924)
Weekly Literary Term
I plan to list only uncommonly used terms, not those which every writer already understands or can intuit; i.e. the ones you will never need.
● Black Humor
Black Humor Black humor is a literary device used to discuss taboo subjects while adding an element of comedy.
omedy. Cambridge diction-ary defines it as a non-serious way of treating or dealing with serious subjects. It is often used to present any serious, gruesome or painful incidents lightly.