Posted September 20, 2019
It's The Journey That Counts!
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow! What a ride!"
● This coming week is my grand-daughter’s birthday
♫ Happy Birthday to you♪
Happy Birthday to you ♪
Happy Birthday dear Sophia
… Happy Birthday to you ♪ ♫
● The Noble Pachyderm =
Ho, celebrated nymph.
● Acorn Computers = Crap on
“They, who have suffered so much at the hands of humans, never lose the ability to forgive, even though, being elephants, they will never be able to forget.”
― Dr. Daphne Sheldrick, An African Love Story: Love, Life and Elephants
You Had ONE Job...
New Dictionary Words as of June 2019
● boertjie = a depreciative term for an Afrikaner. Also as a playful or affectionate mode of address.
● bogging = filthy, smelly; disgusting. Also: inferior, rubbish.”
● schaltzfest = an occasion of unrestrained sentimentality or emotional outpouring; esp. a sentimental or mawkish film, novel, song, etc.
● yerveroushead = “desire, eagerness.
● John Long = the name of (the type of) an untrustworthy messenger whose messages are never delivered or take an inordinately long time.
Source: Oxford English Dictionary – New Words List June 2019